Friday, October 9, 2009

Señor de Milagros

As promised, here are some ridiculous photos and videos from the fiesta Señor de Milagros en Punata. Dancing with the capaorales was an incredible experience... exhausting, hilarious and unforgettable. I cant say too much more than enjoy the videos and hope you laugh as hard as I did when I first saw them. :)

Introducing "El Bloque Internacional" made up of myself and two friends who are Japanese peace-corp-type volunteers. We even made it onto the local news... haha.
This is Paso (Step) 7 one of the trickiest we learned...This is my friend Ronald who is a college student and professional dancer. He does a lot of the choreography for the fraternity and taught us all the steps.
We got asked to take our picture with about 3 people per city block, but the younger members of the fraternity were especially excited to pose...

So the videos are giving me some technical difficulties, but I will upload more asap. Hasta pronto! Here are more fotos as well: http://picasaweb.google.com/kirsten.hansenday/SenorDeMilagrosPunata#

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YES you have the whistle!!1 it is so great! traditional bolivian with a signature kirsten twist! -zibby

Natasha said...

you are so awesome kirsten! that is so cool that you are doing caporales! you have to teach it to me when we come!
chao :)

Cassandra Maris Howe said...

Kirsten! Wow, you are such a rock star!!! Now I'm all inspired for this 80's party I'm going to on Sat. I am currently enjoying your entertainment as I eat dinner in the chaplain's office at the hospital. Unfortunately, the computer doesn't have sound, so it made for an extra hilarious video! Love you! Cassie

hred said...

So fun, i just saw this! you rock! the steps look fun and i can imagine it being way exhausting. what was the temperature outside? you are the bestxoxoxoxo